Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Octagonal Coffee Table in Fusion Algonquin



 This gorgeous octagonal wood coffee table manufactured by Broyhill was reloved in Fusion Mineral Paint's Algonquin. This deep taupe is such a lovely neutral that will go with most any home color scheme.



Using my new Staalmeester oval brush I applied two coats for a perfect coverage.


My next plan was to wash the Algonquin with Fusion's chocolate like I did on my recent rustic dresser .


However this did not go as planned. The top is a very large area being 3 feet by 3 feet and started to dry to quickly. I repainted the area above,


only to have it be streakier then I wanted. I really liked the majority of it but my perfectionist side did not like the more streaky area so on went another coat of Algonquin.


The alternative to get the rich brown in the creases, nooks and crannies is wax. I applied a combination of Fusion ageing wax and Daddy Van's cafe noir to the carved legs and table base, perfect!


To give the top added interest like the former inset wood grain, I added a mandala stencil from The Stencil Warehouse using Fusion chocolate.
It is the same one used on this round coffee table.



The top was dark waxed with the above combination then sealed with 2 coats of Polyvine wax finish varnish in a clear dead flat finish for added durability on both table tops. . (Note: this is the only varnish I know that can go over wax) 






Video tour





*Disclosure
I have received product as a brand blog rep in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains links for Fusion Mineral Paint, Daddy Vans & The Stencil Warehouse to help you find the items I used easily. There is no monetary compensation to me, they are just added for your convenience ;)

Linked up @
Friday's Furniture Fix
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday

Comments