Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post

From Gilded to Grounded: A Standing Jewelry Armoire's Dark Moody Transformation

Sometimes, a "bright and airy" makeover just doesn’t fit the vibe. I found this standing jewelry armoire after it had already been given a white and gold facelift by someone else, but it felt a bit too "glam" for many people. I knew it had the potential to be something much more sophisticated, mysterious, and—of course— moody . In this tutorial, I’m taking you through the process of retaining some of the previous DIY and layering on a deep, velvety dark green finish. We’ll be leaning into those shadows, highlighting the unique curved silhouette. Whether you're looking to tone down a piece that's "too bright" or you're ready to embrace the dark academia aesthetic, here is how I turned a high-contrast piece into a seamless, moody masterpiece.

Spray Paint a Horse


I <3 horses and when I saw this adorable horse statue at a local thrift sale I snatched him up.


 I was not a fan of his coloring but I knew I could make him any color I wanted. I chose Krylon spray paint in sea glass.




I was working on other painted frames and there seemed to be a color theme ;)


Here it is after multiple coats and to add the definition back I rubbed on Fusion Mineral Paint ageing and copper waxes





This post is sponsored by Krylon Canada, the links are for your information convenience only. All design and opinions are strictly my own.

Linked up @
Happiness is Homemade

Comments