Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Kids Desk in OFMP




This sweet hand made kids desk was brought to me to custom paint for a customer who is going to donate it to her sons preschool fundraiser. How sweet is that?

Step 1 was to scrub it all down well and do repairs including rebuilding the long drawer shown here glued and clamped and later staples to secure further.


She was open to any colors but mentioned she really liked the fun milk painted end table I just finished. I wanted to use milk paint as the vintage pieces look fabulous in it so chose Old Fashioned Milk Paint in tavern green and federal blue for this desk.


The colors blended so well to give a layered look.


When dry a  sponge sand was done to smooth the surface.


An aerial view show the colors once dry


If you have used milk paint, you know it has a mind of its own and will chip where it wants ;) I did touch up some of the larger areas but in keeping with its age, the chippy paint looks authentic.

To seal it I chose polycrylic for a smooth surface with a semi gloss sheen for a bit of shine. I applied 3 coats with a sand between each when dry for  the perfect durable finish. 

Here it is all ready to head to the fundraiser!





Here it is below in the fundraiser line up where it did really well





Linked up at

Comments