Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post

Green and Floral Round Tray Makeover

  This round tray has been completely reimagined. Its original shabby chic white finish has been updated to a rich dark green, and a delicate floral rice paper adds a touch of elegance. A final layer of dark wax deepens the colour and accentuates the details, giving it a beautifully aged, vintage feel.

Country Heart Bench Changeup



 This solid oak hand crafted bench is well built but the dated heart cut outs and orangy stain begged for a makeover.


We first disassembled it...





sanded the areas where the glue left ridges ...


then cut the heart ends off giving the edges a more modern straight edge.



The the new straight edges were routered to round them to match the original edges.



Scrubbed but and ready to paint


I originally thought a warm white but amazingly for the 4th project in a row I chose a green color. This time it was Country Chic Paint in nocturnal.


I applied 2 coats with new shorty Cling On brush , just as amazing as my favorite Cling On F40 but short handled and holds more paint. 


And once both coats were dry, I applied Country Chic clear and antiquing wax to give the matte finish some shine and definition.








Linked up to these parties
Friday's Furniture Fix

Comments