Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Farmhouse White Bread Box


This slatted wood bread box had seen better days until it received its farmhouse makeover.


After a good scrubbing I painted 2 coats of House & Canvas's angora white.


This paint color is such a pretty warm white, see it on this end table, sweet watch chest, and a bit on this laundry room sign.

When dry I lightly sanded it all and minimally distressed the edges.


House & Canvas is a chalk like paint that needs to be sealed. I chose Fusion Mineral Paint's clear wax over all the surfaces.

I was trying to decide if dark wax (left) or leave plain (right) was best, dark wax won.


Fusion Mineral Paint's ageing wax was added to the edges for an aged look.



The verdict was split as to add words or a stencil in my Facebook poll so I will leave it for a bit and see what the buyer would like.


The farmhouse style look; what would you add if anything?



the back was finished as well

Shared up @
Silver Pennies Sundays
Inspiration Monday
Farmhouse Friday
Creative Inspirations

Comments