Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Farmhouse White End Table


I loved this solid wood end table built by Kaufman of Collingwood here in Canada when I first saw it. I knew it needed a color update. I thought about a few colors but white always keep coming to mind.

Step one; clean it well on all sides with a good cleaner ( I like TSP, soap and water)

Step two; paint it with House & Canvas paint in angora white

This Canadian made paint goes on smooth and covers well, see above how it covers the dark stain on the first coat.


Two coats of angora white were applied, here is complete first coat.


I distressed all the edges (as per my census poll on Instagram) then sealed it with 2 coats of clear Minwax polycrylic.



After these photos I also added Fusion Mineral Paint's ageing wax to the crevices to add just a hint of age to the farmhouse feel. 













Thanks to House & Canvas on this fabulous Instagram prize package, click here to see a Bombay Watch Chest in the angora white and an end table in the antique teal


Linked up Parties

Comments