Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Vintage Dresser in Shades of Teal Blue




If you have followed me for awhile you know I LOVE any shade of teal blue so when a customer called a dresser from my stock to paint album and wanted it in shades of teal I was ecstatic. Now the problem arises in the fact that there are endless shades of teal and blues. She had a certain color in mind and after sharing all the colors I had on hand I directed her to a local Dixie Belle retailer.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me




A lovely combo for sure don't you think?


Step one was to scrub the entire piece well using Dixie Belle white lightening cleaner then rinse and dry before filling the dings and damaged areas and power sand smooth with my Dewalt orbital sander.


Antebellum blue was brushed on using Dixie Belle's oval brush perfect for the staggered edges and flat surfaces.


Here is coat one drying


and dry but the lighting is goofy to get the right color


To add highlights and an ombre effect around the edges, DB peacock was brushed on, misted with my spray mister and blended in.


It gives a soft subtle color effect shown right with left just the solid blue.


The edges were lightly distressed to keep the vintage feel.


The rest of the dresser with peacock being added...


and blended all in.



The customer originally wanted the hardware painted silver but after I showed her the original antique gold with the blues she chose to keep it. Hardware was scrubbed ready to go back on when complete.


Dixie Belle easy peasy spray wax was applied on the body followed by a clear paste wax.


The top was given a coat of Dixie Belle satin clear coat before the wax layer for additional durability.


The scrubbed original hardware in place was given the OK


To give even further dimension to the piece


ageing wax was added along the edges and in all nooks and crannies.


All the hardware was put on and it is complete!




video tour









UPDATE here is a photo the customer sent of it in her home, lovely right?



FEATURED on 


newsletter email 1/12/20



 shared at these link up parties

Comments

  1. This is beautfiul. I have a similar dresser I'd like to re-do. I've featured this today at Thursday Favorite Things. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this makeover! The color is lovely and looks great in the room. Would love to have you link-up at Tuesday Turn About by way of myweeabode.com... Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment