Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Warm White Entry Table in Fusion Mineral Paint Champlain


Did you see the farmhouse corner cabinet tutorial? This is the other half of the custom painted project.


The matching Roxton entry table in solid maple as well. These pieces were in immaculate condition which is such a pleasure to work on. 


The customers had removed the hardware from the table as well making it easy to just get right down to work. Step one was to clean all surfaces well. I like to use warm water, a bit of liquid soap and Fusion's TSP and a soft rag.


Then when dry it was painted in neutral warm white; Fusion Mineral Paint's Champlain with Fusion's 2" angled brush all the way around and under the edges. Goodbye orangy stain, hello warm white.


This is the first coat fully on above. Below is the painted cabinet doors and table drawers with one coat as well.


I like to lightly distress the edges within an hour or two with a sanding sponge. This helps make it easier to distress after the final coat.


Here is the second coat in full, so lovely.


After the last paint coat, I like to lightly sponge sand all the surfaces then distress lightly the edges to keep the farmhouse feel.


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me


To further enhance the farmhouse feel, Fusion Mineral Paint's wax in espresso was applied around all the edges and details.


Above is just the top being dark waxed and below is the entire table all waxed.


Now it is just hardware to be put back on and this beauty is complete!


customer photo before


customer photo once back home above and with new hardware below




Shared at these link up parties
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday
All About Home

Comments