Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Layers of White Ornate Vintage Coffee Table - video tour included


What better color for this ornate vintage coffee table then layered farmhouse whites?


This solid wood Lane; made by Knetchel Furniture coffee table begged to be given an update. The ornate details and curvy spindles needed to POP.


Some light shade will do just that but first it was spa time.


The entire coffee table was scrubbed inside and out before it was power sanded with my Dewalt orbital sander and 120 grit paper. This smoothed the years of wear and dings found especially on the edges. All sand dust was removed with a damp cloth and left to dry.


I started with Shackteau Interiors milk paint in sand seeing I had some left after using it on this adorable antique side table.


I ordered Shackteau's milk paint in sand and kettle cove green which I used on an antique waterfall vanity. I love milk paint on antique and vintage pieces as it is so fitting to the look of that age.

Two coats of the sand milk paint were brushed on using a Zibra 2” angle brush for the first 2 layers of this project.


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me

Next was a layer of left over Old Fashioned Milk Paint in oyster white dry brushed over the sand color again using the Zibra 2” angle brush. I had used this color on this vintage chair. I keep all leftover paints for projects like this that just need a small amount.


The third shade of white layered on was linen white from Rustoleum's Chalked ultra matte paint line.


It was brushed on misting with water to help move and blend it with the other 2 colors.


Here is a video dry brushing on the linen white.


before distressing


Then everything was sanded smooth with a sanding sponge including distressing the edges to keep the vintage vibe.


after distressing


To seal it all with a durable coat, Rustoleum's chalked protective topcoat was brushed on using my 2" angled Zibra brush for a smooth even application.


The last step is to bring out the gorgeous detailing with Jolie's black wax using their fabulous wax brush that gets in all the nooks and crannies perfectly.


See the black wax on the top versus plain on the bottom?


Actually the last step was the hardware. The pretty original hardware was just scrubbed clean and look at what scrubbing with just a green scotch pad revealed on the left. A pretty antique gold finish!


And it is complete! Did I forget to tell you it has large casters that make moving it super easy.
Scroll to the bottom to see a video tour of this beauty.








FEATURED

Email 3-28-2020

Shared at these link up parties

Comments