Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Antiqued Yellow Vintage Jewelry Box


After and before.. a vintage jewelry chest is made-over in the customers favorite color: yellow and given an antiqued finish.

She says she loves yellow as it is a sign of hope and happiness!


These are such gorgeous wooden jewelry boxes. 


It has a sweet personalized engraved note too.


The yellow chosen was Creme Brule (no longer available but bees knees is close) from Country Chic Paint; above the first coat went on, don't worry a second coat will make it much more opaque.


Here is 2 coats, much better. The customer wanted it to feel aged and antiqued so the edges were wet distressed and a coat of clear wax was applied all over and buffed in


followed by Country Chic Paint antiquing wax to add the antiqued feel.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


The bold red velour interior pops with the yellow don't you think?





Shared up at these link up parties

Comments

  1. What a great chest, so interesting. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous makeover! I'd like a jewelry box like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love when pieces can be given an update for many more years of use. :)

      Delete
  3. It looks really good. I would have never thought to use yellow. I have so many flatware boxes waiting for a new life. I may have to try this. I do have Need Knees and I haven't even opened it yet. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment