Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post

Green and Floral Round Tray Makeover

  This round tray has been completely reimagined. Its original shabby chic white finish has been updated to a rich dark green, and a delicate floral rice paper adds a touch of elegance. A final layer of dark wax deepens the colour and accentuates the details, giving it a beautifully aged, vintage feel.

Antiqued Yellow Vintage Jewelry Box


After and before.. a vintage jewelry chest is made-over in the customers favorite color: yellow and given an antiqued finish.

She says she loves yellow as it is a sign of hope and happiness!


These are such gorgeous wooden jewelry boxes. 


It has a sweet personalized engraved note too.


The yellow chosen was Creme Brule (no longer available but bees knees is close) from Country Chic Paint; above the first coat went on, don't worry a second coat will make it much more opaque.


Here is 2 coats, much better. The customer wanted it to feel aged and antiqued so the edges were wet distressed and a coat of clear wax was applied all over and buffed in


followed by Country Chic Paint antiquing wax to add the antiqued feel.


Subscribe to this Blog ~  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


The bold red velour interior pops with the yellow don't you think?





Shared up at these link up parties

Comments

  1. What a great chest, so interesting. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous makeover! I'd like a jewelry box like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love when pieces can be given an update for many more years of use. :)

      Delete
  3. It looks really good. I would have never thought to use yellow. I have so many flatware boxes waiting for a new life. I may have to try this. I do have Need Knees and I haven't even opened it yet. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment