Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Faux Aged Zinc Tray with IOD Transfer



Trays are a perfect project to use a transfer on. This tray was update in a fun faux aged zinc finish perfect for the floral Iron Orchid Design transfer in white.


This solid wood tray is the perfect size for the transfer and needs a makeover after years of service.


The handles were removed, edges sanded smooth and everything cleaned well.


Ash, a lovely charcoal color from Fusion Mineral Paint was brushed needing only one coat over the dark original stain.


I loved this floral Iron Orchid Design transfer in white. It is timeless and classic and will be perfect for this tray and the zinc finish.


To create the faux zinc finish, HomesteadHouse Wax in white was applied all over then wiped back to catch in the creases, wood grain and edges.


Isn't the effect pretty and look like aged zinc?


The silver handles were put back on and go well with the tray adding just a bit of sparkle.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me






how about a video tour?

Comments

  1. Oooh I need that transfer! Love your tray upcycle, the aged zinc finish is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, i have had the transfer tucked away and finally found the perfect project for it!!

      Delete

Post a Comment