Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Another French Provincial Coffee Table Makeover


I LOVE solid wood coffee tables and these sweet french provincial ones seem to always call for the classic color combo of warm white and rich stained top.

Here are a few others I did in similar colors; table 1, table 2, table 3end table 1, end table 2, antique cart and dresser


Here she is before... after many years of use she was needing a fresh start.


Step one as always scrub it up well to removes the past dust and grime.


Step two, strip the top back to bare wood


this stripping process is so satisfying


Step three; sand to remove remaining stain and smooth the wood.


Then it is on to color


Fusion Mineral Paint's Stain & Finishing Oil in cappuccino was wiped on to get this rich dark stain. Two coats were applied once the first dried then 3 more coats of the natural SFO was applied. These coats go on thin and layer to give an increased sheen as you add a layer and add durability.


The table base was painted one of my favorite warm whites: Champlain from Fusion Mineral Paint.

I used this pointed sash Staalmeester paint brush perfect to get in the nooks and crannies as well as create a nice straight line along the edges.


Two coats of Champlain looked great. See the antique oval coffee table tutorial in the background HERE.


Using a sanding sponge the entire base was sanded smooth and edges and areas distressed to keep the vintage vibe.


Our maremma had ACL surgery so was keeping me company as I painted.


Last step was to further add age back into the piece using Fusion Mineral Paint's ageing wax 


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


The customer who purchased it also had me refinish an end table done to match.







Comments

  1. There is an especially part in this article that I couldn't have at whatever point considered taken out. Your substance gives users dazzling focus in a boggling way.
    The Home Dekor has equipped with the State of Art Production Facility at Factories over 8000 sqm. under the direct supervision of founders With Semi-automatic to fully Automatic Machines which amplifies the furniture production maintaining Quality and Quantity.

    Coffee Table

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment