Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Vintage Accent Table Restored in Rustic Green


I took a well loved vintage accent table and gave it a brand new fresh look in a rustic green finish. Let me share how.

Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


This piece is solid wood on all but the top which is wood veneer top and bottom over a wood frame. All the pieces connect with screws that have a wood knob making it very easy to take apart if needed as well as easy to tighten. The table was scrubbed thoroughly with Dixie Belle white lightning cleaner and a scrub brush, rinsed well and dried.


The veneer was lifting along one edge so was reglued, clamped and left to dry overnight.


The color I chose for this vintage beauty was juniper from Dixie Belle Paint 's limited fall color collection. I used the new color on these cute fall mason jar vases.


The perfect brush for this size piece with lots of spindles is the flat medium Dixie Belle synthetic brush.


Once the first coat went on; with amazing coverage I have to say, I noticed areas needing filling. Dixie Belle mud applied with my finger tip filled them perfectly. Once dry the areas were lightly sanded with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge.


A second coat was brushed on, perfect!


Using a Dixie Belle sanding sponge, the paint was lightly sanded and the edges distressed to keep the vintage vibe.


To further enhance this rustic feel clear and brown Dixie Belle's best dang wax was applied using 2 dedicated Dixie Belle French tip brushes (one for each wax color) blending them for a worn look. 


Above is a video on how I did this blending.


After the wax cured for a few days, I applied Dixie Belle satin clear coat to the table top to give added durability.


I applied it with the fabulous Dixie Belle scarlet brush. This works well to go on smoothly, fast and with minimal brush strokes. Two coats of clear poly were added and it was complete.


video tour










Remember the links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these link up parties

 

Comments