Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Accent Chair Gold Damask Update

 


Sometimes you need to add a bit more to an accent chair makeover. This Silk paint lineHampton olive chair got just that step with a faded gold damask stencil added to the the seat.


The Hampton green update tutorial saw the stained wooden chair go from orangey stain to warm green.

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


But even though there was interest shown in it the chair did not sell.


I decided to add a bit more pizzazz with the Victorian damask Dixie Belle stencil.


Taking photos can be a challenge while painting so sometimes I use my foot as another hand (L) while I brushed on the gold digger Dixie Belle Metallic Moonshine paint.


The reveal shows a worn faded look that will continue to wear over time as the chair gets used.





little video tour for you


Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON


Shared up at these fun parties







Comments

  1. I love damask print on anything. The gold with the gray looks great together.
    Meagan-decorative inspirations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words Meagan, I appreciate the time and kindness

      Delete

Post a Comment