Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Translucent Floral Serving Tray

 

Warm wood tones paired with pretty pastels posies... how pretty is this serving tray?


This large serving tray was sourced at a local thrift store. The neutral wood tone and white tray base were the perfect background for a pretty transfer.


The white base is super shiny and smooth which required a couple coats of Dixie Belle Slick Stick.


The tray was then left to dry well overnight.


I like the white background so chose whitecap from the Dixie Belle silk mineral paint line applied with the mini angled Dixie Belle synthetic brush perfect for cutting in close to the edges. This coat was left to dry well overnight too before the next step.


The next step is the fun step adding transfer designs. I had chosen the soft florals of the translucent garden Dixie Belle transfer. Once cut out it was time to place in the tray where they looked best.


I love the big flowers putting the largest along each edge.

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


Then adding branches was next. Think in layers and what you want showing where.


After adding all my flowers, branches and leaves I was torn with leaving it like this


or adding my original plan for additional butterflies. What do you think?


The poll on my Instagram page confirmed my thought on butterflies so they were added.


I like to let the transfers sit overnight before adding protective layers. For a bit of shine I chose Dixie Belle satin clear coat brushed on with my mini angled Dixie Belle synthetic brush. 3 + coats were applied.


To refresh the wood frame I rubbed Dixie Belle Howdy Do Hemp Oil on with the Dixie Belle applicator pad I had been using on this maple dresser project.


It is available on my Etsy Store





take a video tours of this beauty 





Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON


Shared up at these fun parties



Comments