Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Olive Green Accent Chair

 

Dixie Belle sent me some paint in their new Silk paint line; silk has a built in top coat making it even easier to use. One of the colors was this Hampton olive. It is a color I would have never ordered but I have to say I have been converted and really love the soft natural shade of green.


This is the final solid wood chair that was started back with the farmhouse dining set and the matching chair done in yellow. 


They were all scrubbed well with Dixie Belle white lightening cleaner in soapy water, rinsed and dried then sprayed with a couple coats of primer my new Wagner Sprayer and spray tent and Flexio 5000 sprayer.


Originally 6 chairs were planned for the dining set but the buyer wanted just 4.


To apply this new color and type of paint I also was using a new Dixie Belle synthetic brush.


The first coat brushed on perfectly. I did not worry that there was some primer showing as the second coat will cover. I am really loving the new brush as well as it leaves a super smooth finish.


Two coats of the Hampton olive silk paint covered nicely leaving a very pretty color when dried.


I love the turned legs. It is the perfect accent chair.

take a video tour


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me

See many more accent chairs I have painted. They can be used in so many places in a home.





Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these link up parties


Comments

  1. That is a pretty shade of green. I have a boutique near my home that sells Dixie Belle paint so I am going to look for that color. Thanks so much for sharing. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna, I would not have ordered it as I am not a real green fan unless in the blue zone but I actually really loved it once it dried. Enjoy what ever you paint in it!! Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  2. Hmmm.. I'm intrigued by this paint. I've used Fusion Mineral and The Chippy Barn but haven't used Dixie Belle yet. Looks like a great paint to work with - I'll definitely consider it for my next project. (viewed through Follow the Yellow Brick Home link party)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn, try Dixie Belle, it is one of my favorite. I like Fusion too but this is real chalk paint so very different in comparison (except if you try their new silk line that is similar to Fusion) cheers!

      Delete
    2. Do you ha e to prime with this? Also, did you use a finishing pad on it after? I just bought this paint and am a total newbie!

      Delete
    3. Hi Nicole, you do NOT have to prime using Dixie Belle's new silk line, it has a built in primer and top coat. It leaves a nice matte finish. Please search silk paint at the top and you will see other projects I have used it on with lots more details :)

      Delete
  3. Thrilled with my purchase from Multiwood's Dubai store! Their luxury office furniture adds a touch of opulence to my office space.

    For more detail: https://multiwood.ae/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment