Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Matching Warm White & Gold Nightstand

 

I purchased a chest of drawers and a nightstand as a matching set. The nightstand had been painted but I wanted to keep it a matching set. After doing the dresser in warm white and gold the nightstand was up next!


The nightstand was vacuumed out then cleaned well with Dixie Belle white lightning cleaner mixed in a spray bottle. A clean water rinse was sprayed on and wiped off getting all sides clean.


To clean up the paint around the legs on the bottom, I removed them and power sanded the underside clean and smooth. The pull was removed as well.


Wanting to keep the warm white from any black undertones or possible bleed thru, white Dixie Belle BOSS was applied to the surfaces. 


Two coats were applied and left to dry 24 hours. After each coat the surfaces were lightly sanded with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge


Above is the first coat of Dixie Belle silk mineral paint endless shore going on. See the small patch of white BOSS showing lower right corner?


Two coats were brushed on. Again after each coat was dry, a sanding sponge was used to smooth all surfaces. I had left the stained top deciding if I wanted to leave it dark.

I added the same gold leaf rub'n'buff I used on the dresser tp do the same to the nightstand medallions, drawer pull and toe caps.


But when set with the dresser I was not a fan of keeping the top stained.


That and there is a few stains that would not sand out at all.


The top had the 2 coats of BOSS (Coat one going on above) then 2 coats of the warm white paint.


The stains still could be seen faintly from the right direction in certain light so I sprayed Zinsser Bull's Eye spray shellac on then repeated 2 more coats of endless shore silk mineral paint. Again all coats were lightly sanded when dry.


Isn't it adorable?


The perfect matching set. They sold in a few days after posting.

Did you check out the chest of drawers tutorial?



Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk



Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON


Shared up at these fun parties

Comments

  1. Beautiful piece Lee Ann. I wish we had somewhere to shop for similar items you always seem to find in my area. We have nothing that compares to your lovely finds. I especially love the brass hardware. I think it is so classic, and if you ask me, always in style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, I do feel lucky on many of my scores for sure!! Love giving them new life and new homes too :)

      Delete
  2. I'm featuring you when the next To Grandma's house we go Wednesday link party starts - happy spring, thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tarahlynn for the feature and hosting :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely transformation. I saw your post at Senior Salon Pit Stop Linky Party starting May 1, 2023! My shares this time are #74, 75, and 76 and wish you'd check them out. Have a fun day and be well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment