Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Red Bohemian Coat Rack

 

The local church thrift sale was where I purchased this Christmas 5 peg stocking hanger. It got a complete makeover. Now it is perfect for year round display.


After a good cleaning I used a small round Dixie Belle synthetic brush to paint it a coat of rustic red Dixie Belle Paint. Originally I thought of doing it in a Christmas theme. See the Christmas transfers in the back.


Above is the first coat. The second coat made it much more opaque and solid red. I decided after it dried to do a more year round look for this 5 peg rack. A couple new wooden pegs were sources and painted 2 coats as well.


After much contemplation, I chose the bohemian wedding Dixie Belle transfer. The designs I wanted were cut out and set in place till the arrangement was set. The backing is removed and burnished into place with the enclosed stick.


This is the final transfer look. 


I wanted to give a vintage worn feeling. I used a dedicated Dixie Belle premium chip brush I use for dark waxes to apply brown Dixie Belle's best dang wax around the edges. It also went in the grooves and around the transfers too.

 To seal the transfers in place, 2 coats of Dixie Belle satin clear coat.


It is now ready to be hung on a wall to display whatever the new owner wants. 




take a video tour


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk



Comments

  1. Dear Lee Ann, Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your links with us at SSPS #287. We would love to have you on abord as a co-host, so please get in touch with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind offer, I will ponder it ;)

      Delete
  2. So beautifully done, love the flower pattern.
    Thank you for sharing your links with us at #289 SSPS Linky and letting your readers know where you hand out and party. See you again next week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment