Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Floral Transfer-ized Cake Plate

 

From bright bold pink to crisp white with floral artwork, this porcelain cake pedestal has had a major makeover.


It is the smaller one on the left waiting for its turn to be made over. The cake plate was cleaned well as first step. The larger one was completed in different color and florals.


The super smooth porcelain surface requires adherence. Dixie Belle Slick Stick is the answer.


Two coats 2 hours apart are brushed on then left 24 hours to dry well. Above you can see 2 coats on the left and just one on the right. I apply with a Dixie Belle premium chip brush. These brushes leave a smooth finish but are affordable in case product dries in the bristles if forgotten.


The Dixie Belle silk mineral paint color saltwater did not look allot different. This all in one paint is so lovely to work with. I applied with a small flat Dixie Belle synthetic brush perfect for the smaller plate size.

Two coats went on then lightly sanded after each with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge to keep a smooth surface feel.


The floral design I chose for the top was from the buds and branches Dixie Belle transfer collection. Cut out the designs you want and dry fit in place. Once you like the spot, remove the white backing and rub in place with the enclosed stick.

I have used this buds and branches transfer on these projects.


Continue till you have the design you want. The transfers were then sealed in place using the wide Dixie Belle Artist Brush to apply Dixie Belle satin clear coat . Two coats were applied.


For a little sparkle and bling, a fine Artist Brush was used to paint silver bullet Dixie Belle Metallic Moonshine paint freehand over the raised dots on the plate's sides.


Because it may get wiped allot a few coats of Dixie Belle Gator Hide were applied with a damp Dixie Belle applicator sponge.

NOTE - DO NOT APPLY Gator Hide directly over transfers. This will cause them to peel and lift.

The larger cake plate is shown too as I was working on both for this step.


The raised dots plain (left) and with silver. (right)


This step adds whimsy too.


The top is so cute right?


a couple video views



I think it would be fun on a table to set salt and pepper etc on too. Of course when not showing off a cute cake or cupcakes.

It is available on my Etsy Store


Even with the layers of clear coat I would recommend using a liner under the cake to protect any cutting damage.








another video view of this beauty


The larger magnolia tutorial is coming soon. Be sure to subscribe to have all the how to details delivered right to your inbox.

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON

Hometalk Oct 31/23

Shared on these fun link up parties

Comments

  1. So pretty. I didn't like this transfer until now I have seen it in a cake plate. I love the idea of transfers on a glass bottle. I have a few bottles I have been wondering what I'm going to do. Now I know. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl, I really like this transfer and it worked perfect on this cake plate I think too. I am so happy to inspire fellow makers. Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful transformation. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exquisitely beautiful. I would love to have one of those, its so so pretty.
    Thank you for sharing your links with us at #282 SSPS Linky. See you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. Enjoy joining your weekly link up parties :)

      Delete
  4. What did you use to make the dots around the edge. Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kindness, the dots on the edge were there. I just free handed the silver metallic paint to highlight the raised bumps

      Delete
  5. It's great that I found your blog. Wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi LeeAnn - I love the idea of using a transfer on a cake stand! It is so smart. Thank you for sharing your post on the Home Imagined Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sky Lark House for the kind words, and for hosting!

      Delete

Post a Comment