Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Warm White Magnolia Cake Plate

 

Another cake plate total transformation. It went from bold pink to soft warm white with pretty magnolia detailing.


I have these 3 porcelain/ceramic cake plates. The 2 bold pink ones recently had big makeovers.
This makeover is on the large pink one.


After a good cleaning the super shiny smooth surface was painted a coat of  Dixie Belle Slick Stick.


Two coats of  Slick Stick are required. See one on the large one (R) and 2 on smaller (L)? I apply with a Dixie Belle premium chip brush


The underside edges was slick sticked too. Let these coats dry 24 hours.


Endless shore Dixie Belle silk mineral paint was brushed on. This all in one paint is so lovely to work with. I applied the paint with a Dixie Belle synthetic brush.

Two coats went on then lightly sanded after each with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge to keep a smooth surface feel.


 I chose my favorite magnolia Dixie Belle transfer collection. The pieces I wanted were cut out and laid in place. 

Here are other magnolia projects I have done. Sadly this transfer has been retired.


Once you like the spot, remove the white backing and rub in place with the enclosed stick.


I kept layering the designs till I liked the look.


My last decision was to add a butterfly or not??


The transfers were then sealed in place using my fav 2" mini Dixie Belle synthetic brush to apply Dixie Belle satin clear coat . Two coats were applied.


Using a dedicated Dixie Belle French tip brush, brown Dixie Belle's best dang wax was lightly brushed around the edges to add a slight aged feel.


This is the finished look ... but is it really? Keep scrolling to find out


The raised bumps may be enhanced ....



Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk




There was also a wooden rolling pin done to match (tutorial to follow soon)


Both sold right away at my yearly vintage market. 


The customer who purchased it was planning to use a wedding cake plate. I added a few coats of Dixie Belle Gator Hide (a more water resistant and durable top coat) with a damp Dixie Belle applicator sponge.

You can see the smaller buds and branches decorated cake plate behind as it too got the same treatment.


The smaller cake plate had the raised dots hand painted silver. The customer wanted gold on hers.


But which of the gold Dixie Belle Metallic Moonshine paint colors?


She chose the goldest gold digger Metallic Moonshine paintA fine Artist Brush was used to paint the dots.


A bit more brown wax was brushed under the edges to make the gold dots pop but look older.


Now it is complete!




Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON


Shared on these fun link up parties



Comments

  1. Beautiful! What a great before and after :) Tanya @twelveoeightblog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love these, especially the magnolia one. What are the raised bumps on the edges?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful transformation of cake plates. The butterfly really added to the magnolias! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, I am so glad you agree with the butterfly added :)

      Delete

Post a Comment