From Gilded to Grounded: A Standing Jewelry Armoire's Dark Moody Transformation
Sometimes, a "bright and airy" makeover just doesn’t fit the vibe. I found this standing jewelry armoire after it had already been given a white and gold facelift by someone else, but it felt a bit too "glam" for many people. I knew it had the potential to be something much more sophisticated, mysterious, and—of course— moody . In this tutorial, I’m taking you through the process of retaining some of the previous DIY and layering on a deep, velvety dark green finish. We’ll be leaning into those shadows, highlighting the unique curved silhouette. Whether you're looking to tone down a piece that's "too bright" or you're ready to embrace the dark academia aesthetic, here is how I turned a high-contrast piece into a seamless, moody masterpiece.




























Wow, very creative!
ReplyDeleteThank you Leslie for your kind words!!
DeleteBeautiful! What a great before and after :) Tanya @twelveoeightblog
ReplyDeleteThank you Tanya, your kindness means allot :)
DeleteI absolutely love these, especially the magnolia one. What are the raised bumps on the edges?
ReplyDeleteBeautiful transformation of cake plates. The butterfly really added to the magnolias! Nicely done.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the kind words, I am so glad you agree with the butterfly added :)
DeleteThese turned out so pretty. Great inspiration.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the kind words :)
Delete