Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Farmhouse Rustic Grey Accent Table


This rustic farmhouse dresser in grey I did awhile back has been the top post on my Pinterest page for many months. It seems to be a much loved finished so when I purchased these country planked looked table set I knew the paint finish would look awesome on them too.


 I started with the round accent / end table first.



Step one was to power sand the top and shelf with my Dewalt orbital sander to smooth the old finish then spray with Zinsser Bull’s Eye spray shellac to seal and give an even surface under the paint.

The entire piece and all under edges were first painted 2 coats of  Fusion Mineral Paint in a soft grey from the tones for tots line called little lamb.



To warm up the cool grey I did a wash of Fusion Mineral Paint in chocolate over it all. I added a wee bit of water to give a bit more open time to wipe back the paint but it is still best to do in sections.



Once all is dry I dry brushed Fusion Mineral Paint in lamp white over it all then sealed with Fusion's clear wax over all the top surfaces followed by Fusion's black and ageing waxes to add more dimension, depth and detailing to the rustic look.


I think this finish was the perfect choice for this style of table, what do you think? I would love to hear in the comments below.

And be sure to subscribe to my blog to see the other 2 tables get their turn on the paint floor, will they be done the same or different?






Featured in Hometalk Newsletter

Linked up @
Farmhouse Friday

Comments