Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Good bye orange pumpkins



I picked up this pretty shiny ceramic pumpkin last year and had plans to give it a makeover but ran out of time so this year I pulled it out and set it at the front of the paint line.


I envisioned it in a warm white like the neat heirloom pumpkin varieties so popular now.

Seeing it was a shiny ceramic I went on the safe side and coated it with Fusion Mineral Paint's ultra grip for added paint adhesion.


I was working on a pair of wood candlesticks at the same time, both had Fusion Mineral Paint Algonquin brushed on as first layer leaving the stem original.


Then 2 coats of Fusion Mineral Paint Champlain with their dark waxes in ageing and espresso to add shade and dimension


I just LOVE the transformation and it looks so lovely in my home decor now.




I liked it so much I decided to add a few more to the wooden dough bowl fall display so picked up a bag of minis at the dollar store.


And did the same steps on them sans the ultra grip



note the difference the wax makes on left vs solid paint on right




Shared on these linky parties
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday

Comments