Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Rustic Farmhouse Table Set



Did you see the grey rustic farmhouse end/accent table I recently posted? It was hugely popular as was the finish being used before on my most popular pinned Pinterest post, this rustic grey farmhouse dresser. Well the 2 other pieces of the set I decided to try in the same rustic farmhouse paint technique but in shades of warm white.


here is the set pre painting


the rectangular end table before

and the large coffee table
Like the round table, these two were both scrubbed well then both had the tops power sanded using my Dewalt orbital sander then Zinsser Bull’s Eye spray shellac sprayed on any areas that were sanded to the bare wood.


For this warm white rustic farmhouse look I chose Fusion Mineral Paint in Champlain. Two coats were applied with Fusion's 2" angled brush; a good synthetic brush and left to dry well overnight.


To give the wash over the Champlain I went with Fusion Mineral Paint's chocolate again.


The top drawer is washed, the bottom is just 2 coats Champlain, the wash catches in all the nooks and crannies perfectly.


Progress moved to dry brushing with Fusion Mineral Paint lamp white and to give added durability to the table tops, once dry I sponge sanded the tops and applied 2 coats of Fusion Mineral Paint's tough coat.

And to bring out the crevices and details including all the intentional dings and marks, Fusion Mineral Paint's ageing wax was hand rubbed over the entire pieces. 


 And this is the result












Linked up to these parties


Comments