Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Rustic Country Wedding Sign


A great family friend is getting married and they both are lovers of anything western. I decided to make them a family sign with rustic country as the theme.


I started with this fence board from a horse corral. It has chippy white paint making it the perfect neutral background.


I measured the length 29" and cut it in half, this made the length of the sign 14" by 11" high.


To give the cut ends an aged look I used this wire brush on them which cerused the wood to look old again



Flipped over I secured them together with 7" long pieces of lath brad nailed and glued vertically. A d ring hanging hook was also affixed to the back.


Now for the sign front; Usually I hand paint all my signs but I wanted to try Country Chic Paint's image transfer medium


I printed out my words in reverse


then applied the transfer medium with a foam brush onto them, placed them on the board, rubbed firmly with an old credit card and left to dry overnight.


Upon removal, the image transfer was an epic fail so resorted to my hand painting with a black oil paint marker.


When dry the entire front was sanded to give a worn old feel.


I sealed the entire sign with Homestead House's new stain and finishing oil all in one in white.

To add more color to the boards I dry brushed Homestead House Milk Paint in Confederate grey over the front.


And to age even further and give more dimension, I added Fusion Mineral Paint's black and ageing waxes to the edges


I hope they <3 the sign.

To see the rustic table peeking thru above, click HERE

Shared at these parties

Comments