Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

County Chic Blog Squad challenge #1 ~ country cabinet


Thank you Country Chic Paints for selecting me as a rep for your blog squad. I was overjoyed with the rep gift basket, it was like Christmas in February. It immediately got my mind racing for what projects to use these great products on.

I had this hard wood cabinet (still with an Eaton's price tag stapled to the bottom calling it an nightstand) that I thought would be sweet at an entry way. It reminded me of a country pie safe, It cried out crème brule. I have been curious about the all in one product and this would be perfect piece to try it on.





 all scrubbed up, repairs made and left to dry


old pieces have stories but sometimes they need to be hidden so the ink spilled drawer received a few coats of stain blocking primer


the inside begged for a pop of color, the first coat I tried was a soft brown shown to the right but it was not a POP
 so a French blue was added after the first coat of crème brule was on
The difference I found with the all in one was the speed in which it dried, which was fast so brush marks would show if not moving right along. I did smooth out a few with a quick dip of the brush tips in water

I did do a quick sponge sand between first and second coat and let dry well overnight. Time to apply a coat of tough coat to the top for added durability but found the foam brush left a few bubbles and streaks and the color darkened from the soft buttery color so I lightly sanded, then applied another paint all in one coat over bringing it back to this pretty color. It also has the benefit of tough coat protection too I think. Just to be sure I put a couple coats of natural wax over top.


The French blue was waxed, sliders waxed and beautiful new hardware from D Lawless Hardware was added for the perfect touch of country cabinet bling.




Thanks again Country Chic for giving me the opportunity to try your products and share my thoughts on them, hope you like the finished project.



cheers,  Creative Moments

*Disclosure
I have received products in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely my own.  This post contains sponsored links for Country Chic Paint & D Lawless Hardware

Comments