Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Custom built rustic map frame

I have always wanted a large world ; I like being able to see the world at a glance and want to pin spots I have been fortunate to see as well as mark others on the bucket list. Finally after finishing up many items to sell I got a chance to work on my list.
dry fit to decide layout and sizing

I wanted a rustic shaker look frame to blend with our trim and finish it in a stain and white barn board look. MY husband kindly picked me up some 4" wide pine and cut to correct length. We used the handy Kreg jig to set screw holes on the back for a flush fit.

 jig in action
 all ready to start the finish process
using CeCe Caldwell's hickory stain and finish in 1 I coated all sides, this seals the boards and helps warping and gives a smooth finish on all sides too
 once dry it was vintage white painted on fronts and sides
 then a power sand to reveal some grain and smooth even more
 in keeping with a barn board feel, I chose CeCe's flat matte sealer, this was the perfect choice
I LOVE the containers CeCe uses as you never have rust on edges nor in the paint, it seals well but is easy to open with a few pops of an opener
to add some more dimension I dried brushed on more vintage white along with some APC uncle Sam ( a pure white)
 I have yet to try any of CeCe's wax but wanted a bit of a soft wax look to finish so grabbed my AS
 here is a close up of the finished boards, left overnight to dry well
and then it was time to assemble, I went with the D hooks as they are more secure
screws in the jig holes affix it together
and then it was time to hang... tadaaa!!

now to get my pins and start poking! Contact Creative Moments if you are wanting a custom made frame via email or Facebook page.


*Disclosure
I have received some of the product used in this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains a sponsored link for CeCe Caldwell Paints

Comments