Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Custom Painted Oak Bench


Rustic farmhouse was the desired look wanted when this gorgeous hand crafted oak bench was brought to me to custom finish. This end result had the family very pleased to see their vision come to life.

A young high school boy made this in shop class, his craftsmanship was amazing. I was honored to custom finish it.


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Follow me on Hometalk 
Email me


First step was to remove the top; this makes a two tone project so much easier to work on. Everything was wiped well to remove any building dust from all the surfaces.


FusionMineral Paint Double Espresso Gel Stain was wiped on both sides (flipped once first side was dry) with a lint free rag then left to dry well.


Moving onto the base, Old Fashioned Milk Paint in snow white was mixed up and brushed on all sides and edges.


This is the last bare oak area left to paint.


And complete!


The first coat of espresso gel stain is now dry.


A second coat of gel stain was applied to the top of the seat to achieve the perfect color.


The base had a second coat brushed on all sides again too.


Once the second coat was dry, it was all sponge sanded smooth with the edges lightly distressed back to the oak. Milk paint sands so smooth; just like satin.

To seal the milk paint I brushed on orange scented Daddy Van's with a round wax brush.


To give it further rustic appeal, using a 2” chip brush Daddy Van's black wax was brushed in the nooks and crannies and along the edges.


See how this adds an aged look.


Once everything was dry and buffed, the bench top was screwed back on and it was complete.














Shared at these link up parties

Comments