Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Boho Blues Square Coffee Table


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


What a change up for this coffee table don't you think?


The before shot


The coffee table was part of this set. The sofa table was painted a warm white and the end table, a cerused charcoal.


After cleaning well with Simple Green cleaner, warm water and a cloth, I tried using this paint stripper to remove the old finish. It did not work as planned so on to plan B.


The top was power sanded with my Dewalt orbital sander to be sure any loose old finish was removed and smoothed.


I decided to paint it in the same colors I did a recent long statement piece dresser


The base layer is Dixie Belle antebellum blue brushed on with a round natural brush.


Then a navy; Plaster Paint's Paris, was added in the recessed edge areas with a small brush


as well as randomly over the entire piece with a wider brush.


The next layer of color was Dixie Belle peacock brushed in the centers of the squares to highlight as well as randomly over the top and edges with their oval brush.


For the last layer of paint it was back to antebellum blue brushed on while using a spray mister now and then to allow the paints to blend really well.


It all blends smoothly together for a worn blue jean kinda look but of course brighter.


Now to add this gorgeous mandala stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils. This is a new mandala stencil for me called excellence.



I wanted to add some texture to the stencil as the table has allot of character marks that will blend well with added texture to give a BOHO feel. I chose Saltwash to add to the navy Plaster Paint. You just need a wee bit of Saltwash powder and mix it in the paint with a pallet knife till smooth.



These videos give a better visual but once mixed, using a small roller it was rolled over the stencil.


And once completely covered lift the mandala stencil quickly up and away.


Since it is a coffee table with lots of use, Dixie Belle satin clear coat was applied with a damp painting sponge on the top. 


On the base, Minwax dark wax was brushed into all the nooks and crannies to catch in the oak wood grain. Then it was wiped and buffed well. This dark wax was brushed on the top once dry as well too.


To add yet another layer of color and aging to this piece, Jolie Paint's black wax was brushed on too. If you haven't tried Jolie's wax brush, you have to. It is my absolute favorite.


And it is done, what a gorgeous piece don't you think?















I have also linked items I use on my projects via my Amazon affiliate for your convenience. Rest assured there is no pressure to purchase nor is there any increase in price using my links. It is only meant to share the products I find useful.


Featured On

email 4-28-2020
email 5-29-2020

Shared up at these great link up home decor parties

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      Delete

Post a Comment