Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Sunshine Yellow Vintage Suitcase - Cancer Fundraiser #3


Sunshine yellow brightens the day as well as this sweet vintage suitcase reloved for my 3rd cancer fundraiser project.


 I won this lovely cancer awareness transfer from Redesign with Prima in a giveaway a few months back. I decided to break it up into 3 projects to fund raise money for the  the Canadian Cancer Society.


The pieces when finished were individually auctioned on my Creative Moments Facebook page with all proceeds being donated to the Canadian Cancer Society. See finished tray painted pink and the door turned green tray all using part of the transfer.


I chose these portions of the transfer for the vintage suitcase.


The suitcase was cleaned well with Simple Green cleaner and a soft damp cloth (rinsed often) to clean off years of use and give a clean surface to paint.


Using Fusion's 2" angled brush I brushed on Fusion Mineral paint in the soft yellow buttermilk cream. I painted one side, let it dry, flipped and then the other side. 



Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Follow me on Hometalk 
Email me


Once dry this was repeated for a second coat.
PAINT TIP: wrap your pint brush in a plastic bag between coats to save on paint, water soap etc.


I marked on the transfer where I needed to cut the design to fit the side. The transfer has a clear plastic layer making it perfect to draw directly onto and cut as it will be removed.


Position the transfer pieces on your project with the protective layers still on both sides.


Trim where needed with sharp scissors.


Then apply the transfer, video details above.


This new section is now ready to apply to the first section on the left that was pressed in place.



Other parts of the transfer were applied to the opposite side of the suitcase which allows for either side to be displayed or seen from both sides as a stand alone decor piece.



I LOVE it!!


The yellow paint makes the floral transfer pop don't you think?



The immaculate interior is the perfect storage place for magazines, blankets, knitting supplies etc. So many great storage uses in such a beautiful case.





These pieces were individually auctioned on my Creative Moments Facebook page with $250 being donated to the Canadian Cancer Society.


THANK YOU to Fusion Mineral Paint and Redesign with Prima for collaborating on this very worthy cause!!



I have linked items I use on my projects via my Amazon affiliate for your convenience. Rest assured there is no pressure to purchase nor is there any increase in price using my links. It is only meant to share what products I find useful.

Shared at these great link up parties

Comments

  1. I love, love this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, you are most welcome :)

      Delete

Post a Comment