Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Mandala Stenciled Damask Jewelry Box


Have you tried the color damask yet? This is my first time and it is such a lovely unique soft mauve color. 

This boring plain wood jewelry box was the perfect candidate for the Fusion Mineral Paint  damask makeover. 

Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Follow me on Hometalk 
Email me


After a good cleaning including a light sponge sanding then wiping well with Simple Green cleaner and a damp rag, it was time for a couple quick repair tasks.


Using an expired debit card as an applicator, DAP wood pro-x was wiped into holes on the back side. The pink makes it easy to see where applied then it dries a light wood color.


Fusion Mineral Paint sells small tester pots perfect to try a new color like this pretty damask. Two coats were brushed all over the wood jewelry box and the bright gold hardware.


On the top and drawer fronts, Fusion Mineral Paint Champlain was stenciled on using a sweet mandala stencil from Muddaritaville Studio.


Be sure to stop by Muddaritaville with this link for 10% off your stencil order.




It was available on my Etsy store


The entire jewelry chest was then sponge sanded to smooth, distress the edges a wee bit and give a worn look before Fusion Mineral Paint's ageing wax was brushed on the edges to further age.








video tour below












Shared up at these great link up home decor parties

Comments

Post a Comment