Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Navy Blue Jewelry Box


This jewelry box relove in classic navy blue and gold makes me smile.

It is available on my Etsy store



When I found it in pieces on the shelf at Value Village I was not totally sure it could be saved but eventually I found all the pieces and brought it home.



 Above I balanced everything in place to show what the original box looked like.


Then all was taken apart, cleaned well with Simple Green cleaner and a damp cloth then the repairs started.


Luckily as a hoarder.. spare parts rescuer ;) I had a few super tiny screws to secure the lid hinge. And with small clamps and my Titebond glue , glued all parts where they go and left to dry.


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Follow me on Hometalk 
Email me


The antique gold hardware needed a classic color so I chose Plaster Paint's paris; a rich navy blue. The can I have has an old label, it was used on a project a few years back and is still just as perfect in consistency and color. This paint is thicker then some paints, see how the stir stick stands alone?


the original projects in paris


I used a 1" chip brush to apply 2 coats smoothly on. This paint has a nice self leveling finish.


To seal it and deepen the navy a bit more I used Plaster Paint's antiquing wax applied with a round wax brush. Once it was dry, buff with a soft cloth, put the hardware back on and this beauty is no longer a beast.











Check out the antiqued pink jewelry box tutorial and the soft damask stenciled jewelry box (coming soon) tutorial done the same week.




I have linked items I use on my projects via my Amazon affiliate for your convenience. Rest assured there is no pressure to purchase nor is there any increase in price using my links. It is only meant to share what products I find useful.

Shared at these fun link up parties

Comments