Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Tan to Grey Custom Accent Table

 
I had a customer purchase a piece for her home at HomeSense. It was the right shape and size but not the right color. She knew that I could solve this issue so dropped it off for a new paint job.


This was the original color; a tan greenish beige color and silver hardware.


It is not wood but rather a MDF construction which makes it super lightweight. 


The first challenge was to remove the super sticky jumbo label affixed to one side. I started with my hand razor blade.


I moved on to my favorite label remover; Nature's Ultimate, an orange cleaner. This stuff works awesome as you can see. It works best if you can get the slippery label off as best you can, dap it full strength (it is concentrated) on the remaining sticky paper, rub then add some water and wipe all off. This process took over 20 minutes but patience is key.

I used a spray bottle with somDixie Belle white lightening cleaner and water in it. Wiped with a soft cloth then again with a clean cloth to be sure to remove all the cleaner. Let dry.


The hardware was removed before cleaning and set in a carboard box to spray paint. I used Rustoleum metallic spray paint in oil rubbed bronze. Apply many light coats changing directions of spraying to get all sides evenly covered.

Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


Now the fun part.. the new color. I chose Dixie Belle Paint in a gorgeous medium hurricane gray. I applied it with the lovely Dixie Belle synthetic brush; flat medium .


This color is the perfect grey for the customers home and the brush works great on this linear paint project.


I always remove my drawers as I love a nice clean edge on them and the project base. This is the first coat drying.


And the first coat on the base.


Two and a half (where needed) coats were brushed on to get a nice rich gray color.


To seal the paint Dixie Belle's best dang wax in clear was applied with my favorite Dixie Belle La Petite brush. I love this brush. It max waxing so easy. The excess clear wax was then wiped off with a blue shop towel and buffed lightly with a clean one.

To add some depth and character to the table Dixie Belle's best dang wax in black was applied using a dedicated Dixie Belle chip brush to crevices and edges. Having a chip brush for each color makes it easy to get in the small edges and corners.  Again the excess was removed with a blue shop towel.


The fresh new ORB hardware pulls were put back on and this beauty is ready to go.


The customer LOVED it. What do you think of the change up?










Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared at these great link up parties



Comments

  1. Looks so nice gray! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, muchly appreciated :)

      Delete
  2. I think the new shade of grey looks even better than the original. Good job. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree too, thank you for stopping by to share kindness ;) and for hosting :)

      Delete
  3. This is such a darling piece of furniture, I'm glad you could change it for you client!
    The end result is a great improvement.
    Thanks for adding it and other post to the FWF link party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the kind words, the client was very happy with the new look too :)

      Delete

Post a Comment