Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Black Gel Stain and Anchor Silk Paint Bar Stools


A good customer offered me these bar stools as her parents were purging and did not want to toss them. I said sure I could update them easily as they were in very good condition, Just a fresh coat of stain and some matte black paint and they are ready to be of service again.


The chairs were solid with just some wear in few places. First step was a good cleaning with Dixie Belle white lightning cleaner, rinsed and dried.


I wanted to deepen the stain color of the seat and seeing the original finish was in great condition I was able to apply colonial black Dixie Belle No Pain Gel Stain applied with an Dixie Belle applicator pad over it. See the original finish above left and the coat of black stain before wiping back on the right.


I decided to wipe the colonial black Dixie Belle No Pain Gel Stain over all surfaces of the stools. The stain was left to dry well.


The chair bases and backs were painted in the ever classic black called anchor from the Dixie Belle silk mineral paint line. It was brushed on with a small oval Dixie Belle synthetic brush. After the first coat dried a second coat was applied.


Dixie Belle sanding sponge was then was lightly rubbed on all surfaces to make sure the paint was super smooth. Wiping with a soft cloth removes and sanding dust.


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


These beautiful solid wood swivel bar stools now have a classic yet modern look.








Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON


Shared up at these fun parties

Comments