Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Grey Toned White French Provincial Coffee Table

  Solid wood coffee tables deserve updates to keep them in service. This French provincial beauty received a fresh new makeover in grey toned whites. It will be a look lovely addition to any living room.

Can Transfers Go On Fabric?

 

I have always wondered if Dixie Belle transfers would work on fabric so decided to give it a try. I chose an apron that I could wear at my upcoming fall market. Let me share how I created it.


I ironed the apron nice and smooth to allow for the best application for the transfers. This photo is pre ironing :)


I laid out the retro peacock Dixie Belle transfer on the apron deciding where to place it.


To remove the transfer from the plastic backing I used a large metal spoon to provide a larger surface that allowed firm pressure while the apron laid on my granite counter top.

Each portion of the transfer was positioned and rubbed into place. And once all were on the apron it was complete. I love it!



I am not sure how well it will wash but being more décor apparel then work apparel I don't expect it to be washed much. And if I did, it may be hand washed in cold water and hung to dry and if needed ironed from the back side. If I do I will update this tutorial.

If you have tried this please share your success secrets!


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk



Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON


Shared up at these fun parties

Comments

  1. So pretty Lee Ann and a great idea for sprucing up an apron. I hope it successfully launders with hand washing. I wonder if there is a way you can seal the transfer so it does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie, I would love to know if anyone has done so and how it worked :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. I would love to know if this holds up or if there is a way to seal it, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will update if I do wash it but dont think I will much as more for wearing at markets BUT I hope others who have tried it will chime in :)

      Delete

Post a Comment