Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Rustic White Cabinet with Fun Floral Transfers

 

When I saw this sweet pine cabinet posted curbside with no takers I saw big potential and picked it up. The bead board backing and rustic look said paint me in a distressed white and let me shine.


This was it waiting curbside for someone to love it.


It had been stained or at least partially; the bun feet were still natural wood. There were magnetic child locks installed that had the doors locked but a magnet opened them and I removed them first thing.

Then it was scrubbed well inside and out.


I flipped it upside down to do the feet and underside first. Fluff; a lovely white Dixie Belle Paint was the color of choice brushed on with an angled mini Dixie Belle synthetic brush perfect for cutting edges and covering surfaces. I flipped it over and finished all sides including the open center area.

Once the first coat was dry a second coat was brushed on.

HERE are more fluff projects. (It is a favorite color of mine)


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


I removed the inside cabinet backing boards and painted them a crisp white; saltwater Dixie Belle silk mineral paint using the Dixie Belle scarlet brush which leaves a smooth finish and covers quickly. The silk paint has a built in primer and top coat making it a one step paint perfect for the inside. Two coats were applied to cover the black backing.



Back to the cabinet outside, the painted surfaces were sanded smooth and the edges distressed with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge.


To seal this chalk mineral paint I used clear Dixie Belle's best dang wax brushed on with a dedicated Dixie Belle best dang brush. This brush makes waxing a dream.



I wanted to add some fun graphics inside the cabinet. I chose flower child Dixie Belle transfer with its rustic floral charm. The chosen pieces were cut out, placed where I wanted them and burnished on.


I set the 2 backing pieces beside each other to lineup the designs when applying them.


The the backs were tacked back in place.


To add a bit of age and dimension to the cabinet, grunge grey Dixie Belle's best dang wax was brushed on the edges and in the corners and crevices.


It rally makes the bead board pop, the painted shelves were put in place and this beauty was complete.


This cabinet is perfect in an entry way, living room, hall way etc, so versatile.


With loads of storage and the fun graphic details.








Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON
Dixie Belle Blog

Shared up at these fun parties

Comments