Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Metal Garden Angel Makeover

 


My metal garden stake angels needed a makeover badly after years of use. Luckily I have allot of products on hand to do just that. The end result was a bright new whimsical look.


First I taped off the face. I spray painted a made for metal base coat on the angel bodies in bright blue.


Daffodil Dixie Belle Terra Clay Paint was painted on the flowers with malachite Terra Clay Paint in the center.

Sun kissed Dixie Belle silk mineral paint was painted on the faces/hands and umber silk mineral paint for the hair.

Dixie Belle Gilding Wax in gold was rubbed on the halos, around the cut out stars on the dresses and along the dress hem.

I used a sharpie to draw on the eyes and noses.

Then to seal it all on, a couple coats of Dixie Belle Gator Hide were brushed on.


These angels are now ready to be on display again in my garden.

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


I just love the power of paint to give new life to old things!!!



Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

Featured On

Shared at these link up parties





Comments

  1. The makeover was fantastic! Your little angels look good as new. I will be going out now to refresh my metal decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the kind words, glad to inspire too :)

      Delete
  2. I enjoy making over items we already have here at our home, saves money, and gets the creative juices flowing! These angels look terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you VSG, I appreciate your kind words and agree on reviving things we have ;)

      Delete
  3. A fantastic and beautiful makeover.
    Thank you from your SSPS Team and Esme for sharing your various links with us at #267 SSPS Linky. Happy weekend to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Slabs, happy long w/e to you as well. Thanks for the kind words

      Delete

Post a Comment