Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Creating a Vegetable Garden in a Hayfield

This spring I decided to create an in ground garden. There are just things that grow better in the ground versus a raised bed right? I chose a spot in our lawn that is actually a hayfield that we mow to look like our lawn :) Let me share how we created our garden in our hayfield lawn.

Antique Tin Top Table Changeup


This enamel-topped table has been in use for many years. It originally belonged to my husband’s maternal grandparents and was passed down to him. He really wanted to keep it useful in his shop.



Given its age, I was concerned about the possibility of lead paint, so I tested it using a lead testing kit from Amazon. Unfortunately, the test confirmed that the paint on the wooden base was indeed lead-based.

While it is possible to remove lead paint, the process requires great caution and care. We decided not to restore the base.



Instead, I suggested removing the enamel top and finding or building a new base.


Coincidentally, we had another table in our storage trailer. Its top was water-damaged due to a leaking roof.

The two pieces paired nicely together, giving both a new lease on life.



Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


Until we have time to build a new base, this setup works well. It currently sees a lot of use alongside the jumbo workbench built for the shop. It’s lightweight and easy to move around, making it a convenient portable work table.


Shared at these fun link up parties


Comments