Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Creating a Vegetable Garden in a Hayfield

This spring I decided to create an in ground garden. There are just things that grow better in the ground versus a raised bed right? I chose a spot in our lawn that is actually a hayfield that we mow to look like our lawn :) Let me share how we created our garden in our hayfield lawn.

Autumn Floral Wooden Box

 

Autumn is upon us, friends! When I received this lovely box from a friend, I immediately knew it needed a floral makeover. The newly released Autumn Morning Dixie Belle transfer looks absolutely stunning against the pretty green paint, don’t you think?

The elephant designed box was such a great size, thanks Anita.


I originally picked 3 colors to blend with this transfer and grabbed some synthetic brushes too.


The hardware was removed making it much easier and more professional looking to paint without them in the way.


English Ivy Dixie Belle Paint was brushed on first and it was then I decided to not do a blend but rather an aged look with this dark green and the fall florals.


The back was painted prior to removing hardware but you can see once the one hinge was removed how much easier it is now to paint.


The autumn florals were cut out and decided where they would go. Once decided the backing was removed and the transfer pressed in place and the top plastic removed while rubbing with the included stick.

5 sides had transfers applied.


The hardware was then put back in place.


This is the progress so far, very pretty.


Using my dedicated best dang brush, clear best dang wax was brushed all over the paint and transfers to seal it all in place.


Then brown wax was brushed and blended around the flower edges wth an Artist Brush to give and aged appearance.


And to add just a bit of shimmer bronze Gilding Wax was added to the edges using my finger tip.


This was all I used to create this pretty update.


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk




see it in 3D video





Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON


Shared on these fun link up parties










Comments