Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Floral Stenciled Wooden Crate

  This hand crafted wooden crate needed some pizzaz to give it a one of a kind look ready to hold pretty potted flowers on a front step. Happy Mother's Day it will be for one lucky Mom!

Floral Bouquet Transfer Accent Table

 

This cute accent table was previously finished by someone but no longer wanted. I saw total potential to change the color and feature a beautiful floral transfer in the center. How cute would it be in your entry way?



The table had sticky stuff on it needing removal. Then the raised stencil was sanded smooth.


I chose the gulf Dixie Belle Paint, a pretty sea green color. I started with the table upside down and did the underside applied with a medium oval synthetic brush. The table was them flipped and the top painted.

When this coat was dry I sanded it smooth with a sanding sponge then applied a second coat to the top. Again when dry it was sanded smooth too.


The floral Dixie Belle transfer I chose was king protea. Cut out the pieces and lay them out to find the design you like.

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


video of the application of the transfer



Here are the 2 largest pieces in place.


Additional pieces of the transfer collection were laid out then rubbed into place. You can layer transfer pieces too for a more realistic look.


All the transfers were sealed into place with 2 coats of flat clear coat followed by 2 coats of satin clear coat. I use my favorite 2" angled synthetic brush to apply the coats. This will also give the table top added durability.


It is SOLD :)




Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON



Shared on these fun link up parties




Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing with us, I'm featuring you this week when the next To Grandma's house we go link party starts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tarahlynn, I am very honored and humbled, see you Wednesday

      Delete

Post a Comment