Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Floral Stenciled Wooden Crate

  This hand crafted wooden crate needed some pizzaz to give it a one of a kind look ready to hold pretty potted flowers on a front step. Happy Mother's Day it will be for one lucky Mom!

Rice Paper Message Board Makeover

 

I am a fan of white boards and cork boards as I am a list maker. So when this combo board was posted on our local Facebook site I totally saw a pretty paper and painted frame. That is exactly what I did. I would love to share how this easy update is done and perhaps you will give yours a makeover too.

Things fade over time and in sunlight, this message board needed a makeover.

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


To protect the cork and white board I slide paper under the frame edges before painting it a favorite teal color called antebellum blue from the Dixie Belle Paint line.


I applied it with a small flat synthetic brush that works great for the frame size. The blue pairs perfectly with the newly released blooming parchment rice decoupage paper from Dixie Belle.


While the frame dried I used a metal ruler to cut the rice paper to size with an olfa knife.


The frame had 2 coats of the teal paint and when dry it was time to assemble.


I wanted the cork board to be useable so opted to just affix with spray adhesive. The back was sprayed and laid in place. Firmly pressed then using an offset spatula the edges were carefully pushed under the frame edge for a seamless look.


This message board is ready to get back to work!



Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON


Shared on these fun link up parties


Comments

  1. Beautifully done, love the printed paper
    Thank you for popping over and for participating and sharing at SSPS 327. See you again next week at #328 https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment