Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Turning Silver a pretty blue patina


While I was working on my bedroom lamp bases using Modern Masters metal effects Patina kit I spotted this silver dish/plate in my stock and decided to give it a go too.


first step, scrub well


then add a coat of primer and let dry half hour before adding a 2nd one and let dry well. I waited overnight.


Next bronze paint, again apply the first coat and let dry half hour  


then add another coat of bronze and while wet spray with product #3, the blue patina spray and you are done!

Above left is freshly sprayed and right is as it dries shown on the lamp bases


I did have an area that did not take once dry and after a few attempts to touch up I contacted Modern Masters and one of the suggestions was to start from step 1, this time I had success filling in the missing areas.


And the silver plate / platter is now blue patina'd and looks very old.

Do you like this finish?


I think it will be a lovely large pillar candle holder

Shared to these link up parties
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday

Comments