Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Old World Plaster Look Bread Box


If you have been following my recent How To blog posts you know I have been trying the IOD moulds using acrylic caulking. For my first project with them I chose this simple plain wooden bread box. UPDATE: here are some more projects used with them.


I chose the widest mould using 2 of them which fit almost perfectly across the front. I just used a sharp knife to easily cut the end of one then glued on with wood glue and left to dry flat overnight.


The next day I started the paint process. 


I wanted to create an old world plaster look so started with Fusion Mineral Paint's in Ash mixed with Fusion Mineral Paint's fresco powder.


This went over the entire box but I never put it on the moulds.


Once good and dry and full coat of Fusion Mineral Paint's pebble went over the top of the dark grey and the moulding.


And then once dry it was sanded to reveal the dark grey then sanded a bit more to distress it to add a more aged look.


To give added dimension Homestead House black wax was added


I added the Fusion Mineral Paint's ash regular to the inside back of the box


and on the outside back to give a finished touch


And all complete...





 I took a "few" pictures to try and show it best from all angles


*Disclosure
I have received product as a brand blog rep in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains links for Fusion Mineral Paint  & IOD - Iron Orchid Designs to help you find the items I used easily. There is no monetary compensation to me, they are just added for your convenience ;)

Comments