Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Pine dresser goes shades of blue

 Shades of blue transform this well loved pine dresser into a unique one of a kind art piece I call Nebula.


Pine is a soft wood and marks easily so rather then trying to sand out the marks why not add texture to camouflage and add to the character of the piece.



After it was scrubbed well and dry it was time to start the paint process. I chose Fusion Mineral Paint in midnight blue, a classic deep navy. Two coats gave it such a rich beautiful color that looked amazing with the gold hardware but of course the solid color only enhanced the dings and marks. Time to add the texture.


Fusion Mineral Paint  fresco is a texture powder that easily mixes with the paint. I chose laurentien and azure as accent colors mixing each separately with fresco powder. Randomly dragging across the drawer fronts and body, I did laurentien first and after it was dry applied the azure.




When dry, all sides were sanded and a wash of midnight blue went all over to tone it all down.


I love this color and have used this container on other projects like this 1- mens valet, this 2- sweet MCM cabinet, 3- vintage silverware chest and 4- a long low dresser. This dresser is the last project for this container, good to the very last drop!! Perfect to add water in the jug to create the wash and use every bit.





Although the original hardware looked great with the navy, it was not my favorite with the shades of blue so the hardware was spray painted many coats of matte black. Better right?











*Disclosure
I have received product as a brand blog rep in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Fusion Mineral Paint  to help you find the items I used easily. There is no monetary compensation to me, strictly added for your convenience ;)

FEATURED ON

Find this post at this Linky Party

Comments