Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

antique accent table in Homestead House midnight blue milk paint



Did you see the navy sofa table I recently blogged about? Well the same good friend had her Grandma's antique table she wanted updated as well. She did the hard work but stripping the old finish off and all ready to be painted.


As with most antique pieces, there was some repairs to be done first. It was a good thing I had many little clamps to hold the glued veneer that was lifting on the side. The top had some water marks that might show thru so they were sprayed with shellac to seal and prevent this from happening.


 Once dry it was ready for Homestead House milk paint in midnight blue. The dry wood soaked the milk paint up like a sponge. Three coats went on for a nice coverage.


To seal and deepen the navy color further, I added 2 coats of  Homestead House black wax 



And just for a bit more added durability I added another coat of clear wax on the top only, buffed once dry and it was complete.


I am pretty sure Grandma would have approved of this classic update.










Shared at these Link Up Parties

Comments