Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Sweet Little Milk Painted Trinket Trunk



Recently I picked these treasures up at the thrift store. I finished the pepper grinder in black  and working on the tall jewelry box blog post and here is what I did to the sweet little wood and metal trunk.


The raised pattern metal and cute hardware are charming but a bit of color was in order.


Homestead House Milk Paint in Laurentien was the perfect color. I used it recently on these farmhouse stools and just loved the color.

After 2 coats dried, I distressed the wood edges and wet distressed the raised metal to reveal the gold highlighted details.

To seal it , I applied Fusion Mineral Paint ageing wax directly over it all then when dry came back and added their black wax in the crevices and corners to age and define even more.


The tall jewelry box was done in the same color but clear waxed so you can see the difference wax color makes.






Shared at
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday

Comments