Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Custom Purple Growth Ruler


Recently I was asked to make a purple growth ruler, purple is not as easy to find in the chalk/mineral paint world but seeing Pantone had purple as color of the year, Fusion Mineral Paint created it using 3 of their colors;  liberty blue, cranberry & little tea pot.





Using this recipe I mixed a batch and painted my pine board both sides. The gal wanted a stained look so I used a wet brush to apply but even with two thin coats it was just to blah so a 3rd full coat went on for a pretty base.


I hand paint all my rulers so each one is unique. The customer chooses the font style and size then I print out on my printer and trace onto the board and paint with artist brushes.


For the markings, numbers and the little girls monogram, silver was chosen. Fusion Mineral Paint's metallic silver was the perfect choice. 


And here it is complete, ready for years of height marks to record her as she grows.
Here are a few more rulers I have written posts about; Disney inspired, old school ruler look, and original hand painted.




Comments