Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Aubergine MCM Nightstand



I prefer to buy solid wood pieces but this sweet little combination solid wood and laminated press board seemed so lonely tucked in a dark basement bedroom I had to take it home and give it new life.


Check out this aubergine color  chalked paint from Rustoleum, isn't it gorgeous??

Did you see the metal garden stake I painted with it?


I applied 2 coats with a cute little round Rustoleum paint brush that came in the project kit


I chose the matte topcoat included in the kit to seal this piece


Two coats were applied


I also used the decorative glaze in the kit applied with an angled synthetic brush but as you can see it pooled on the top and not to my liking. Easy fix though as all it took was another coat of aubergine paint, the decorative glaze directly on the paint this time with a chip brush to get the desired look and finally sealed with the matte topcoat. 


It turned out so lovely!





Linked up at
Creative Inspirations Party
Farmhouse Friday

Comments