Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Vintage French Provincial End Tables Walnut Stain & Limestone



These 2 sweet French provincial accent tables were part of a trio. I shared the makeover of the coffee table HERE. It was done in a very similar base color but not exactly the same. These two were done to match this coffee table from last summer I did for my sister. She had called these two to be done to match and I finally had time to get to them seeing she was coming from Las Vegas next month to pick them up ;)


Of course first step was to clean them up good with warm soapy water and some Fusion Mineral Paint TSP.

then the top was chemically stripped with stripper and wiped with mineral spirits to remove and residual stripper.


The double decker accent table right has the top level sanded and the bottom level just stripped

And both now sanded to bare wood


Next step was to apply General Finishes antique walnut gel stain to all the tops.


Such a great color




The bases were painted Fusion Mineral paint in limestone


These both are shown with one coat but 2 were applied for a nice coverage.


The tables were lightly sand distressed then I added dark wax to the warm white using Fusion Mineral paint dark wax in espresso.











Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  


Shared up at
Farmhouse Friday
Inspiration Monday

Comments

  1. You must be a great sister...these tables looked like a lot of work, but turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you Janet. I hope she loves them for years to come ;)

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful! I picked up a two-tiered end table last week and did a similar project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, best of luck on your update :)

      Delete

Post a Comment