Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Grey Rustic Farmhouse Nightstands


What a difference paint can make, right?



These solid pine nightstands begged for a new coat of paint. The rustic pine and classic styling were the perfect backdrop for my favorite rustic farmhouse paint technique. This grey dresser done in it is my top pinned post on my Pinterest page week after week, and here it is on this coffee table set in whites and end table in grey as well.


To get this rustic farmhouse look I start but lightly sanding any major dings; the everyday signs of wear add to the character of this finish. Then all pieces are scrubbed well with TSP in soapy warm water, rinsed well and left to dry overnight.


For the base coat of this set I used Fusion Mineral Paint in sterling.



Two coats were applied and left to dry overnight giving the paint a chance to dry well.


The next step was a wash of Fusion Mineral Paint in chocolate.

Brush it on and wipe it off going in sections

This gives a great view of what it looks like over the lovely sterling grey.


Move around the nightstand keeping drawers in place for a seamless match of the paint marks.


Nest step, dry brush Fusion Mineral Paint raw silk 


and add dimension with Fusion Mineral Paint's black wax 


Get in the nooks and crannies and character marks for an authentic rustic look.


The old wood knobs were changed out for new hardware from D Lawless Hardware




They pop the aged rustic farmhouse look perfectly.


The tops were sealed with an additional coat of Fusion Mineral Paint's clear wax 



I LOVE this finish, you?

















Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  



FEATURED ON



Shared up at these link up parties

Comments

Post a Comment